Information Technology Leadership
At Shapiro & Duncan, we recognize that being an industry leader in mechanical contracting means providing our people with the right information technology (IT) tools. That’s why we invest continually in IT.
For example, we have our own private cloud computing center.Our system is managed through our own in-house systems and network engineers. This enables us to manage and control our data and network resources without relying on outside providers.
Thanks to this IT infrastructure, Shapiro & Duncan is able to maintain a set of leading-edge tech tools that includes:
- Building Information Modeling (BIM). Using BIM processes, we are able to anticipate issues with design and constructability. This saves our clients time and money by preventing issues before they occur.
- CRM for maintaining contact with our clients and generating service quotes and contracts.
- Cost accounting for providing our staff with ready access to accounting, payroll, reporting and project management tools.
- A purchasing program for generating purchase orders, verifying receipts, managing committed costs and providing back-up for change orders.
- An estimating program for tracking cost trends and fine tuning bids.
Business continuity is yet another key reason to choose Shapiro & Duncan over other mechanical contractors. In addition to taking “snapshots” of our data throughout the day, full data backups are taken nightly and are stored nearby in a government-approved storage facility.
When you combine our network, our systems and our disaster recovery capabilities, nobody beats S&D when it comes to IT!
For general information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re interested in employment at Shapiro & Duncan, please contact email@example.com.
Please no walk-ins.
14620 Rothgeb Drive
Rockville, Maryland 20850-5311
Toll free: 800-468-0851