Shapiro & Duncan, Inc. Sweeps Fall Award Programs, Reaches New Milestone in Continued Commitment to Career-Based Education, Innovation, and Expertise
The area’s leading mechanical solutions firm announces recent recognitions stemming from their continued focus on education and training programs at the core of their corporate culture, as well as for their delivery of outstanding project work
Rockville, MD, December 10, 2014 – Shapiro & Duncan, Inc., the D.C. metro area’s leading mechanical solutions provider of choice, announces today that it has achieved several recent back-to-back award wins, a key milestone in the company’s continued upward growth trajectory and a testament to its ongoing commitment to career-based education and training programs. These recent award wins, all received in the past few weeks, also recognized Shapiro & Duncan, for their excellence in design and project delivery and for the accomplishments and expertise of several team members.
Since its founding in 1976, Shapiro & Duncan has built an established reputation across the region for expert, quality service, strong roots to its community, and a core belief in career-based education to support unrecognized talent, and nurture current employees. Shapiro & Duncan supports its employees in their continuing career advancement efforts and encourages them to keep their skills current through a variety of training courses conducted in-house, through external sources, and online in order to deliver maximum service and expertise to their customers.
In addition, Shapiro & Duncan’s on-time, on-budget approach to project work, coupled with their building information modeling (BIM) expertise and LEED Gold certified leadership in recent green, sustainable design and renovations has continued to generate accolades for the company and its employees.
Shapiro & Duncan’s most recent award wins include:
- Associated General Contractors of Metro DC (AGC)’s – Top Subcontractor of the Year and Best Use of BIM on Cardozo High School Project;
- ACCA’s National HVAC Apprentice Contest- Winner, Leroy Friend;
- Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC) Metro Washington & Northern Virginia Chapters – Best Mechanical Project for Monument Office Complex;
- Associated Builders & Contractors (ABC) Metro Washington & Northern Virginia Chapters’ Top 10 Rising Stars – Project Engineer, Aubrey Shapiro, Project Manager, Dwight Heidel and Business Development Specialist, Stacey Ehring;
- Project Management Association (PMA)- James Mitchell for Leading HVAC Service Technician in the Metropolitan Area; and
- ENR Mid-Atlantic’s 2014 Best Projects – CityCenterDC Best Project for Office/Retail/Mixed-Use Developments Category.
“These most recent award wins affirm our ongoing commitment to career-based education and training programs, to continually nurture, develop, and challenge our employees and exert positive impacts on our innovative, high-quality project work to be a true value-added partner for our clients,” Shapiro & Duncan’s CEO, Sheldon Shapiro said. “We are passionate about our work and are honored to receive these awards that highlight and underscore our hard work, expertise, and dedication to our team and to the construction industry at large. We look forward to building on these accomplishments and achieving continued success as 2015 approaches.”